Membership - Supplier
As an approved IBSA supplier, you will benefit from a dedicated customer base of IBSA Affiliates nationwide.
Accepted Suppliers will be expected to do the following:
- Provide rebates to IBSA of 5% of all sales to our Affiliates
- Report sales and provide payment to IBSA of all sales for the previous month by the 15th of each month
- Provide a report in the approved IBSA format, including a breakdown of invoices and a subtotal for each Affiliate
- Attend and exhibit at the annual IBSA national conference
- Provide product information for the IBSA online quoting system
- Respond to RFQs in a timely manner
Applications received by IBSA will be judged for acceptance on the following criteria:
- Geographical location
- Need for product type or service
- Potential conflicts with current IBSA Suppliers
- Current position with IBSA Affiliates
- Marketing plan
- Reporting ability
- Number of locations
- Verified Dun & Bradstreet rating or other suitable credit source
The process for joining IBSA is as follows:
- At the bottom of this page, there is a link to an application that can bill filled out online. Please respond to all questions as completely as possible.
- An application fee of $500 should then be sent to IBSA at P.O. Box 752168, Dayton, OH 45475.
- Application review will begin after the application fee has been received.
- Once your application and fee have been received, you will be asked to provide a report of your current position (last 12 months sales) with our Affiliates.
- In addition, you will be asked to provide a detailed plan on how you would market your capabilities to our Affiliates.
- Upon receipt of your report, your information will be forwarded to our Supplier Committee for consideration.
- If your application is turned down for any reason, your application fee of $500 will be returned to you along with an explanation of why your application was not accepted.
- If your application is tentatively approved by our Supplier Committee, you will be forwarded our Supplier Agreement for your consideration.
- As part of the Supplier Agreement, you will receive information regarding the signing fee to join IBSA. The fee will be decided based upon several factors, including:
- Current business position with our Affiliates
- Gap Analysis
- Potential Supplier Conflicts
- If you do not accept the terms of our agreement, you must let us know in writing the reason for your non-acceptance.
- If you do not become a member because you did not accept our offer of membership, you will not be refunded the $500 application fee.
- If you accept our offer, please return the signed agreements along with your application fee.
To begin the process, click here to complete the online application.